Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do we do it?

Today, I was busy trying to capture that cute moment.  I was busy.  Not watching.  Cole was wondering back from walking out in the middle of the driveway at the pumpkin farm while a car had it's back up lights on.  Thank God she either saw him, or wasn't ready to pull out yet.  He was just walking back like nothing was up.

I just don't know.  Its the scary moments, the fun moments, the sad moments, and the crazy moments.  They really are all happy moments in the end.  But how do we do it?  How do we manage to survive our own childhoods, let alone how do we survive the childhoods of our children?

Just this last week I had a chat with my friend who has been here, done that with her kids.  Her daughter is now a high school senior.  How do we know that what we are doing now doesn't screw them up for life?  It is hard some days to go on your gut instinct that we are making the right decisions.  I would like to think that I am saving up for the boys' college or higher education, maybe I am just saving up for their therapy bills.




On the bright side?  At least I know Kim will be there for me when I need to start coloring my gray hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment